22.5.09

Fractions, Equations and Algebra! OH MY!


Well, I have been studying up for my THEA test in July. Lord help me! I have forgotten so much math that I'm getting a headache just trying to remember fractions and algebraic equations!! I'm soooo not smarter than a 5th grader when it comes to math!

My goals are to get my ADN in nursing. I've been mulling it over for weeks now and I truly believe that God is leading me in this direction. I've always loved working with the elderly and I want to work in gerontology. I would like to go on and get my PhD in nursing. I just want to do what God's will is for my life and I have been praying about this for a long time.

Since I no longer have marijuana in my life I feel like I can do ANYTHING! I sure wish I had quit sooner, but I believe that maybe I will be able to use my experience to help others too. I know that during the clinical rotations we will be doing psychiatric nursing and I hope to be a witness to anyone who needs it. It's going to be a long, hard road but with God I can do anything! That is such a comfort to me. He knows how scared I am taking this big step in my life. He knows that it's going to take everything I have to get through this. I am so thankful that I have Him in my corner. No matter how tough it gets He will be walking right along beside me! Hallelujah!! Praise His wonderful name!!!

You're never to young to have dreams and goals and I pray that God allows me to fulfill this dream. I've always wanted to go into nursing after I obtained my CNA but I just never got around to it and I was too busy doing things I shouldn't have been doing. I'm really excited about this but I'm really nervous about that THEA test. I'm going to have to get my boys to help their 'ol mom out with the math. My husband is a total brain and he's offered to help too but I can see it now...let's just say he's not the most patient person in the world. Hehehe.

Well, off to study more fractions and algebraic equations....UGH! I know there is a God because otherwise I would never in a million years even try to attempt something like this. I just pray God helps me retain all this information and that I do well enough I don't have to take the remedial algebra course. That would save me so much time. Oh well, what happens is in His hands and I'm happy with whatever He has in store. I'm just excited about this new chapter in my life.

God bless you all and please say a little prayer for me as I study for this test.

Your sister in Jesus Christ,
Tishira

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tishira!

    I'll be praying for you...

    Blessings and hugs,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of others and do not post anything negative or use foul language. If any comments are done in this manner they will not be accepted or viewed. Thank you very much.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm happily married to my best friend and soul mate. I have 2 awesome teen-aged boys I'm eternally grateful for. I love spending time with my family. I also love working with senior citizens and caring for them. I'm a former CNA. In the fall I hope to begin college to further my education in healthcare.